This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Grid to replace std grid on Opp-Prod, Quote-Prod, Order-Prod or Invoice-Prod

Aug 5, 2016 at 12:46 AM
Hi there

Firstly - thanks for this great tool - absolutely love it.

Two feature requests I have:
  1. The standard editable grid by Microsoft used on Opp, Quote, Order and Invoice when adding a new line item using the option "Existing Product", actually does a lookup to the Price List Items associated with the Price List specified on the e.g. Opportunity. It then populates the Existing Product and UOM fields on the Line Item record with the relevant values.
    Furthermore, if the Product that was selected, is a Bundle Product, it automatically adds all lines from the bundle to the grid.
However, the standard editable grid by Microsoft can't be edited to e.g. make the first column wider or have the Unit column to also be editable.

So I've used your grid and created an alternative grid on the Order entity.
I've replicated the exact same columns as it is with the standard grid.
However, when I try and select a value for the Existing Product field, it shows the list of available products, but once I select it, it doesn't populate the field on the grid.
The same goes for the Unit field.

Is there a way to get this to work? Possibly with a Condition clause in the configuration of that grid?
  1. Then, when it comes to how Bundle products are displayed in the standard Microsoft grid, it's got a group by (expand/collapse) mechanism based on the relationship (ProductType, I think....).
    Is it possible to have in a future release, the means to have a Group By functionality based on a selected relationship between records in the grid?
Thanks again for an awesome tool.

Regards
Rean
Coordinator
Aug 5, 2016 at 1:04 PM
Hi,

Thank you for your kind words and detailed description.

It is possible to add the changes needed to make the grid work with products. However, the changes are rather involved and will take time;
  • The logic needs to be aware of combination of specific entities (Opportunity, Quote, Order, and Invoice) and product
  • On the hosting form (Opportunity, Quote, Order, and Invoice), default price list must have a value. Need to check for and retrieve it's value before allowing '+' new button to work
  • The '+' new button needs to display "Existing Product" and "New Product" menu items
  • If a bundle product is selected, need to display the products of the bundle as a group
The grouping function has been on my todo list. I will increase it's priority.

Regards,
Mehrdad
Aug 5, 2016 at 2:42 PM
I second this request, would be extremely valuable!
Aug 10, 2016 at 12:21 AM
Thanks for the response Mehrdad.

I have appreciation for the amount of work this will take, so once again, if you will be able to find time to do this, I'm sure alot of folk will be using the functionality. As the standard editable grid is very limiting.

Keep well
Rean
Aug 24, 2016 at 2:59 PM
Edited Aug 24, 2016 at 2:59 PM
Hey,

this would really be a killer feature. The guys at microsoft failed so badly when it comes to the subgrids of Opp-Prod, Quote-Prod, Order-Prod or Invoice-Prod. You just have to add a column to the view and it breaks all the javascript (inline editing, change order) ...
Nov 30, 2016 at 11:43 PM
This would be a great feature to do related filter lookup